Information We Collect and How We Use It
To be able to use certain areas and features of the Site, specifically requested by you, we may require you provide us with information that identifies you personally. This information may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- Name and physical shipping, contact and payment addresses.
- Email address and telephone numbers
- Credit card, debit card or bank information.
- Date of birth
- Social Media profiles, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- Tax identification or VAT number (if applicable)
The information we collect may be used to verify your identity, to create your UPRISE Festival account, to bill you for the service offered by the Site you have subscribed to, and to correspond with you (such as through email newsletters or correspondence to us initiated by you). All email newsletters contain instructions to unsubscribe from the mailing list. You can also contact us at email@example.com to remove your email address from our mailing list at any time. To be able to create an account with UPRISE Festival, to use and subscribe to the service offered by the Site you must provide us with your identifiable personal information.
How We Ensure the Security of Your Information
Cookies – How We Use Them
Online Advertising We Use
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise UPRISE Festival across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the UPRISE Festival website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
How to Opt Out of Remarketing and Advertising
If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager
Controlling Your Personal Information
We make every effort to give you access to your personal information, to allow you to correct any inaccuracies, or to remove your personal information at your request provided it is not required for genuine business purposes or by law to be retained. We require you identify yourself and the information you request to access, remove, modify or correct before commencing such requests. We may refuse requests that are of unreasonable technical effort or would be highly unfeasible, endanger the privacy of others, or require access that is not normally necessary. When we provide access to your personal information for the purposes of modification, correction or removal, we do so free of charge except where doing so requires a unreasonable effort. To request access, correction or removal of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To request the removal of your account, please contact email@example.com. We will remove all of your information and data from the Site within 7 business days upon receipt of your request.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
UPRISE Festival B.V. will not share your address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission. I hereby give my consent for UPRISE Festival B.V. (and subsidiaries) to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If I have opted-in to receive email communication about related events I give consent for UPRISE Festival B.V. or subsidiary companies to analyse and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with Connected Intelligence Limited or subsidiary events and promotions.
- Data collected from any connected social media for which I have provided my explicit prior consent.
- If I have provided my mobile telephone number I consent to UPRISE Festival B.V. or subsidiary companies to contact me by SMS in relation to events for which I am purchasing a ticket or registering an expression of interest.
- I acknowledge that my data may be used for marketing purposes by UPRISE Festival B.V. or a third party to contact me by phone or email to ascertain my views on our services, which will be similar to the ones to which I have already subscribed.
- I furthermore consent to the mathematical and statistical analysis of my personal data for advertising purposes (scoring). However, my e-mail address may be used for advertising purposes only with my express consent.
- I also give my consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, I give my consent for UPRISE Festival B.V. (and subsidiaries) to collect data relating to me personally from public domain sources and to store these along with my personal data that are already under the control of UPRISE Festival B.V. (and subsidiaries). I give my consent for UPRISE Festival B.V. (and subsidiaries) to analyse this newly collected data together with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
- I furthermore consent to the imported contact data being used for the purposes of improving our Recommendation system for enhanced networking opportunities and tailored content.
- UPRISE Festival B.V. has free lifetime use of any image or video content created by attendees at UPRISE Festival Europe (and any other events organised by UPRISE Festival B.V.).